My name is Rachael (Hi!) I am a fellow tall girl and I currently run a public Instagram account at @at_loafers_defense.
I started my account a few months into COVID (primarily out of boredom) to share my fun finds on Amazon. What I discovered was a whole network of tall women helping and supporting other tall women and it was truly one of the best things that have ever happened to me. I was enamoured with this group of women and excited that I could also help and contribute, in hopes of becoming a resource myself.
When Tall Size reached out for a collaboration post, I was truly excited and honored. I’ve been a fan of their page since the beginning and consider them the ultimate tall woman resource.
Growing up, finding tall clothes was always a struggle for me. In grade school, I was extremely tall and thin, so girls’ clothes were way too small and junior sizing was way too big. I played basketball in high school and college so there was hardly time for a second job, and I could not afford the limited selection of tall clothing that were available. As someone who has struggled with confidence their whole life, I understand the power and positivity a good outfit can bring out in someone.
My page is dedicated to finding great affordable fashion for all but caters towards tall women.
A few quick things about myself:
I am 6’3”, about 165 lbs., athletic build and currently live in PA, about an hour north of Pittsburgh. I have three adorable fur babies (2 cats and 1 dog) and live with my wonderful boyfriend, Ben.
His Tinder profile said he was 5’11” but pretty sure he is only 5’9” 😊
I run an Instagram and Like.to.know.It account where I share tall friendly fashion daily and my feed is made up primarily of styling specific clothing items.
Working with Tall Size, I’ve styled pieces from their marketplace and other tall friendly retailers to bring you three looks for the holidays;
- Christmas & Chill — Comfortable clothing for those chill days at home
- Too Lit to Quit — Casual pieces for the company Christmas party or running around town for some last-minute shopping
- Tall-y & Jolly — Fun pieces for that fancy holiday party or for New Year’s Eve night out.
Please enjoy and a big thank you to Tall Size for being the ultimate Tall Girl Resource!
Outfit #1 — Christmas & Chill
- Elevate your at home lounge wear with this pink robe and lounge set from the Queen’s Inc. Boutique. The Andrea Set linked HERE.
- Love the satin draw string on these super soft joggers from Maurice’s. Berry rib cotton joggers linked HERE.
- The fanciest PJ’s you will ever own. The Simplicity Set from Maxxiii Collection are tailored to the tall woman and so silky and soft. Simplicity Set linked HERE.
- These cable stitch lounge shorts from Old Navy look super comfortable. Diamond stitch sweater shorts linked HERE.
- I mean, could these be any cuter? These Doggy Slippers from After 8 Shoes are available up to size 13. Unfortunately, they do not ship outside of the UK. Slippers linked HERE.
- Super cozy and leopard print, these calf hair moccasins from J. Crew Factory are available up to size 12. Leopard slippers linked HERE.
- 6pm.com is a great site for those needing larger size shoes. They offer a huge variety, and most at discounted prices. These slippers by MIA are available up to size 16! FARYL by Farylrobin Mia quilted slippers linked HERE.
- Not only does Tall Reali-tee’s make the perfect tee, they also make a great coffee mug. Tall vibes rainbow mug linked HERE.
- A wardrobe necessity. Textured Shaker Stitch Long Line Open Front Sweater by Old Navy linked HERE.
- Tall size women need tall size blankets. This cozy throw from Amazon is 63” x 87”! No more cold toes! Amazon cozy throw linked HERE.
Outfit #2 — Too Lit to Quit
- A gorgeous gold maxi dress from Baltic Born. Perfect for a winter wedding. Athena pleated maxi dress linked HERE.
- Sexy but sophisticated. Love, love, and love the split leg detail on these wide leg pants from The Sixes. The Jennifer pant linked HERE.
- This leopard print jumper from Height of Fashion is at the top of my wish list. This burnt orange color is gorgeous. Leopard print crossover jumper linked HERE.
- Show Me Your Mumu states on their website they intentionally make their dresses with extra length as they are meant to be altered to fit all lengths and body types. Yay for size inclusivity! Red silk slip dress linked HERE.
- Love the design of this jumper from Prissy Duck. The overall shape is super flattering for all body types with lots of room for eating and drinking at a holiday party. Panama halter wide leg jumpsuit linked HERE.
- Absolute need. Sequin Slip Dress from Banana Republic Factory linked HERE.
- For those looking for a dressy sandal without a heel. These tall black flat leather sandal from Brave Soles are available in size 5 up to 12. The Camila Leather Flatform Sandal linked HERE.
- Absolutely love the studded detail on these black mules from Tresolz. The Willo mule linked HERE.
- These pointed toe pumps from CoIX shoes are gorgeous and pair well with any holiday outfit. Marylebone block heels linked HERE.
- These A New Day nude block tall heels from Target are available up to size 12 and come in wide. Michaela pump linked HERE.
- Are these not the perfect holiday high heel? Love the tie ankle detail on these red high heels from Seraphic Sole. Obsession heel linked HERE
- So many gorgeous options from NYAS (Not Your Average Size) these chain mule pumps come in multiple colors. The Aleya pump linked HERE.
Outfit #3 — Tall-y & Jolly
- Love Old Navy’s tunic length’s sweaters. They are a great affordable option and can be dressed up or down. Similar option linked HERE.
- I just recently discovered Tall Moi and I am loving all of their pieces, especially their work wear looks. Puff Sleeve Tall Sweater linked HERE.
- A wedge or heeled boot can easily elevate a casual look. Huge props to Target for now offering shoes up to size 14 on their website. A New Day Brie Combat Boots linked HERE.
- Tall Realitee’s have the perfect tee; perfect length, super soft, and a simple but modern look. Tall Block Tee linked HERE
- An absolute wardrobe staple. Simply Tall Faux Leather Moto Jacket linked HERE.
- Alloy Apparel recently launched a new collection including more work appropriate pieces. This tall size plaid printed blazer is EVERYTHING. Dress up for the office or down for a night out. Loving the long lines and fitted look. Tall Sasha Blazer linked HERE.
- Have you ever bought a really great pair of pants and wish you had them in every color? Tall Moi has found a solution; make your favorite pants reversible! Tall Michelle Plaid/Brown pants linked HERE.
- Another necessary wardrobe staple is a great pair of boot cut jeans. The Elevated Closet has you covered with their tall boot cut, available in 37’ inseam. Linked HERE
- A well fitted long camel cardigan can elevate any outfit. American Tall Long Belted Cardigan linked HERE.